1.31.2008

Last Friday.

Another post from last week. I had typed up some thoughts and haven't been interneting for awhile... so this is from 1.25.08
So it seems that today Mattayum 3 classes are going to some sort of celebration for the end of their tenure as boy and girl scouts. They head to the beach and spend the weekend there doing their thing. Now honestly, my first reaction is ummm no thank you when we were invited. I spend enough time with these crazy kids during the week to not really want them to ruin, umm I mean entertain me on my weekend. And I love camping and all, but I love it when I have my own things, my own tent, etc. and don’t have to share with 500 sixteen year olds. Daniel filled me in on the last trip he went on with some of the students and I guess it sounded like it could be a good time. So the kids left this morning and Gladys, the Mattayom 3 teacher, got the day off. It is literally never my classes that give me the day off!! Alright well I guess it’s not too bad, I wouldn’t want a day off being Friday because I only have three classes. So Daniel came home and was excitedly talking about the trip and was attempting to talk me into it. He almost had me. In the confines of our house with just the two of us talking, he was smooth enough to almost have me convinced. Maybe it was the two giant Leo’s thinking for me to believe it was a wise choice… but thank God we ran into Craig on the way into school today. Daniel asked him if he was going and Craig’s response told me it all. Don’t fight your gut feeling, that initial reaction is what will keep you alive. I think it would be a great place to visit and hang out at and would love to go to the beach sometime (that was a prime motivating factor for me to go). But maybe in the company of others my own age. Thank you Craig. Thank you, angel wearing corduroy.
My class this morning has already been stressing me out. My classes are on a constant rollercoaster. Besides the 1/1 and 1/ 2 I can’t really count on ANY class to behave in a constant and decent manner. Some days are great and I think to myself, what do you have up your sleeve? Why are you being so nice to me and doing what I ask? But other days I walk in, feel out the class for about 16 seconds and know it’s going to be a long fifty minutes. Today started just that way with 1/8. They are usually obnoxious and loud, with a few snarky girls that remind me of peers I knew in middle school. The ’I’m too good for school and it’s not like I’ll ever need what you are trying to teach me and ew what are you wearing’ girls. After a solid six seconds I had a bad feeling about the class, and they proved me absolutely right! I took away a number of sticks they were banging on everything from desks to other students and they tied string of some sort across the desk legs to try to trip me more than once. Thank God I found them doing it. To boot, there were only 36 kids in class. So at least ten, I think more, skipped out. I just feel like I am babysitting an insane group of kids in a lot of classes sometimes. But this is where it ends. I want to type it out, and not let it affect the rest of my day. Because it IS FRIDAY and I have a lot to be happy about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. It will get better, I hope, maybe I am just trying to make you feel better.:-) Your stories crack me up because I can relate so much to them. We got this Friday, Feb. 1, off because of snow, yeeha!! It was a nice break.
Nicole